Owning a Jeep Wrangler comes with a lot of benefits. In addition to enjoying a fun, exciting driving experience and towering over most other cars on the road, your vehicle boasts a classic design that fits in anywhere. But if you’re still using weak factory headlights, it may be time to fit your car with the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights to ensure that you enhance your experience on the road.
A Wrangler affords you the opportunity to go on road trips, off-road adventures, and so on. But if your lights are not as reliable as your vehicle, it puts your safety while driving at risk and that’s why you seriously need to consider installing new headlights for your Jeep.
Top 10 Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights: At A Glance
The good news is that it isn’t very hard to find and install the right LED lights for your car. We’ve put together this comprehensive review and buying guide to help you choose the best lights for your car.
- 12 Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights Review:
- 1. 7-inch LED Headlights and 4-inch LED Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler
- 2. JW Speaker 8700 J2 Black Headlights
- 3. Xprite 7-Inch LED Halo Headlight for Jeep Wrangler
- 4. NIGHTFIRE 7-Inch Round LED Headlight for Jeep Wrangler
- 5. Xprite 7-Inch LED Cree Headlight for Jeep Wrangler
- 6. 7-inch RGB Headlights + 4-inch Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler
- 7. 7-inch Round LED Headlights with DRL
- 8. 7-inch LED Headlights with Halo Angel Eye and DRL
- 9. Sunpie Black 7-inch Round LED Headlights Kit
- 10. 7-inch Black LED Headlights with DRL and 4-inch LED Jeep Wrangler Fog Lights
- 11. Omotor 7-inch RGB Halo LED Headlight for Jeep Wrangler
- 12. DOT Approved 7-inch Black LED Headlights and 4-inch Cree Jeep Wrangler Fog Lights
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
- How to Install LED Headlights
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
12 Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights Review:
1. 7-inch LED Headlights and 4-inch LED Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler
These LED headlights are ideal for any Jeep Wrangler ranging from 1997 to 2017. With a lifespan of over 50,000 hours, you’ll be getting the benefits from these lights for years to come. The high beam makes use of 40W maximum power and has a 4500LM lumen flux.
Rated at 30W with 3200LM, the low beam is 400 times brighter than a standard headlamp and lights up your path on the road up to about 150 yards ahead. These lights offer incredible features at a very low price, and if you’re searching for top-notch jeep headlights, then this headlamp set is a great option to consider.
Furthermore, the lights also have unique connectivity potential that gives you the ability to control them via Bluetooth and Android or iOS devices. Simply scan the QR code provided with the set, download the easy-to-use app to your phone, and you’ll be able to personalize your lighting!
You can use the Bluetooth connection to customize the color or mode of the halo so it matches your preferences. At a price of under $200, these 7-inch headlights are well worth it for the high-quality construction and all the features they come with, including full approval from DOT, SAE, and E-Mark. They are undoubtedly the best halo headlights for Jeep Wrangler.
- IP67-rated waterproof lamp
- Easy app control via Android, iOS, and Bluetooth devices
- A lifespan of over 50,000 hours
- Fits into H13& H4 connectors and has a plug and play system
- Efficient heat dissipation thanks to the internal cooling fan
2. JW Speaker 8700 J2 Black Headlights
The JW Speaker headlights are designed for jeeps ranging from 2007 onwards. They comply only with the US DOT standards for motor safety. You can check the seal that is engraved on the headlight lenses to confirm this. Thanks to its advanced dual-burn technology, these headlamps combine high and low beams, giving out a more powerful light.
For anyone who may find themselves driving on foggy roads or nighttime off-road outings, this is the ideal set of headlights to install on your Jeep Wrangler. The LED headlights guarantee you and other people on the road widespread visibility that is unparalleled. The high beams come with improved optics that deliver enhanced light output.
In addition to all that, the installation process for these headlamps is super easy. Unlike a lot of other options on the market which demand anti-flicker harnesses, the JW speaker 8700 doesn’t. In fact, you can simply plug and play and the headlights will fit perfectly on your Wrangler without the need for any trimming or bucket adjustments.
Keep in mind that if you are a JK Wrangler model owner, you’ll need to have the H13 adapter in order to complete the installation. But all in all, this is a high-quality product that boasts an impressive array of useful features. If you’re searching for the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights, this may very well be what you’re looking for.
- Convenient plug and play install
- Street-legal DOT-compliant headlights
- SmartHeattechnology automatically generates heat and de-ices the lens surface
- Dual-burn high and beam optics technology provides extra brightness
- Polycarbonate lenses and aluminum housing for increased durability
3. Xprite 7-Inch LED Halo Headlight for Jeep Wrangler
This is among the best headlights that you can get for your Jeep Wrangler, and that’s why it has earned a spot in our top three. The projector style of the headlamp achieves 9600LM high and 7200LM low beam on 12v 40w lights.
The polycarbonate lens of these bulbs is brighter than typical halogen HID bulbs and it comes with a lifespan of over 50,000 hours. The Xprite Halo lights have four amazing features that you will absolutely love, including high beam, low beam, amber turn signal, and daytime running light.
They have a durable scratch-resistant PC lens with a unique, ribbed design for the ultimate cooling performance. The housing is made of die-cast aluminum which is both lightweight and strong. Rated IP67, this product is designed to withstand even the harshest weather conditions.
If you want high-quality illumination for your Jeep Wrangler, then this is a great option to consider. The headlights have a very powerful beam that rivals many products in the same category, and they are a perfect fit for raised Jeep SUVs.
The beam is directed in such a way that it doesn’t blind oncoming drivers on the road and the simple plug & play design means that installation will be a breeze. The headlamps are compatible with TJ, CJ, JK, and JL, among other models. Although you need to purchase a mounting bracket, this is still one of the absolute best headlights available for jeeps right now.
- The manufacturer offers lifetime customer support
- Durable housing made from weatherproof, long-lasting die-cast aluminum
- Standard power consumption prevents strain on your battery
- Offers both Halo Angel-Eyes daytime lighting and amber turning lights
- Plug and play, LED canbus, ballast and H4/H13 adapter included
4. NIGHTFIRE 7-Inch Round LED Headlight for Jeep Wrangler
These jeep headlights enhance your vehicle’s appearance in a spectacular way. The genius design of the round, 7-inch lights offers 150W and 7,500LM (pair) output. Rated IP67, the seam-sealed lights are waterproof, which means they will be able to withstand the elements easily.
The 600K pure-white color of these lamps is brighter than halogen or HID, and the housing is made from the highest quality, durable, die-cast aluminum and offers efficient cooling. The polycarbonate lens is scratch-resistant, which means your lights will be looking new for years to come. In addition to all that, the lights are also shockproof and rust proof.
Installation is straightforward, connectors plug and play. It’s recommended that you remove the grill to complete the process, which is actually a lot easier than most people imagine. The kit comes with H4 and H13 adapters which makes these lights very versatile.
Suitable for a variety of Jeep Wrangler makes and models, the Nightfire 7-inch round headlights come with a wealth of useful features at a very affordable price. This makes them a great option to consider for those looking for great value for money.
- Water-proof, shock-proof, and rust-proof
- Housing is made from durable die-cast aluminum
- Efficient cooling technology allows for better performance
- Easy install, connectors plug & play
- Suitable for a large variety of Jeep Wrangler makes and models
5. Xprite 7-Inch LED Cree Headlight for Jeep Wrangler
The superior brightness offered by the Xprite Cree lights will astound and delight you. This brand continues to be the favorite of many Jeep owners today because of its commitment to producing high-quality affordable headlights that rival many of the more expensive products on the market.
With these LED headlamps, you not only get peak performance by you also get to enjoy the benefit of enhanced aesthetics. The lights instantly transform your vehicle’s looks thanks to their stylish and unique design.
Having said that, you will find that these LED headlights are super easy to install, simply plug and play your LEDs, then follow the instructions for installing the Halos and the DRL. If you’re on a budget, but you want good quality lights that perform great and last a long time, this product from Xprite is one you must consider.
With a brightness capacity of 10920LM and a lifespan of over 50,000 hours, these headlights are among the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights you can get, and they will make for a great upgrade for your vehicle. They are also approved by DOT, which means that all you’ll be seeing is the bright light ahead of you, and not blue and red lights behind you.
- Very bright, low-voltage consumption headlights with over 50,000 hours
- DOT-Approved, designed for a wide variety of Jeep Wranglers
- Comes with three lighting modes – high beam, low-beam, and daytime running
- LED headlight housing made from long-lasting die-cast aluminum
- Durable scratch-resistant polycarbonate lens
6. 7-inch RGB Headlights + 4-inch Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler
These 7-inch RGB headlights are sure to improve your driving experience as soon as you install them. The kit comes with fog lights for your Jeep Wrangler, and in addition to being brighter than average, these headlights also boast a range of impressive features. They have functions like blinking, flashing, and brightness.
Although you may need to make a few small adjustments to fit the halos and the fog lights, overall, these headlights have a design that is relatively easy to install. These RGB headlights are certified for different standards, including CE, RoHS, ISO9002, and they are also IP67-rated, which means that they are totally waterproof.
No matter what model of Jeep you own, whether it’s new or older, you’ll be able to use these headlights to spruce up your car and make it a lot safer on the roads. You’ll be able to get the perfect fit for your specific model, so make sure you check for the right one before making your purchase.
With a power capacity of 50W and an output of between 3600LM and 1800LM for the high and low beams, this set of headlights is sure to provide ample lighting while conserving energy.
- High-quality headlights are tough, durable, and bright
- Halo Angel eyes controlled by Bluetooth
- Easy control of brightness, flashing and blinking
- Plug and play, easy install
- Waterproof rating of IP67
7. 7-inch Round LED Headlights with DRL
Even on the darkest night, you’ll be able to light up your path spectacularly with these 7-inch round LED headlights from a well-known brand. This kit comes ready to install, and the process is so simple that anyone can do it, even if they don’t have any experience in changing headlights.
As long as your vehicle has a 7-inch round sealed beam headlight that has an H4 connector, you’ll have an easy time installing these LED headlights. There’s an in-built wiring harness that you connect directly to the OEM electrical socket, and you’re done. No headaches, no hassle.
If you’re searching for brighter, more efficient headlights for your vehicle, then this is a set you absolutely must consider for upgrading your Jeep. If you’re in the market for epically efficient lights that are also extremely effective, this is a great set to consider.
The powerful universal headlight boasts an 8 LED low beam array. The LED high beam has parabolic reflector cone, as well as two uniquely designed bracket-style DRLs (daytime running lights). The result is highly efficient lighting that performs great under any and all types of driving conditions that Mother Nature can throw your way.
- High-quality construction and professional-grade durability
- Shatter-resistant polycarbonate housing
- IP67 rated resistance to both water and dust
- Color temperature: Cold White (6000K)
- Affordable, efficient and extremely effective LED headlights
8. 7-inch LED Headlights with Halo Angel Eye and DRL
This powerful projection LED headlight runs 4 12V 80W bulbs, and unlike the majority of other models on our list, this one has a lifespan of 30,000. However, it works perfectly well on Harley Davidson models as well. The headlight produces a 7200LM and 3600LM high and low beam. This is ideal for JK and JL models, but it can also work for TJ and CJ Jeep Wranglers.
The best thing about this set of headlights is undoubtedly the price. The package also conveniently comes with the adaptors (H4 and H13) with a simple and easy plug and play setup. Sunpie brand is well known for producing some of the best Wrangler LED headlights on the market today, like these ones with white Halo Angel daytime running lighting and amber turn lights.
This package comes with full-time customer support and free maintenance, which means that whatever issues you may face after purchasing this set of headlights will be taken care of quickly and efficiently. You may, however, have to buy the anti-flicker harness separately as the strain from the combined high-beam output may be too much for your battery.
- Effective heat dispersion helps keep the lights cool
- The package is extremely easy to install
- Comes complete with LED ballast and H4 and H13 adapters
- Seam-sealed casing keeps out water and dust
- Housing made from durable, sturdy, long-lasting aluminum
9. Sunpie Black 7-inch Round LED Headlights Kit
This Sunpie premium 7-inch 4 40W bulb kit is suitable for J series Wranglers, including JK models, CJ, and TJ Wranglers. It has a classy black interface and Half HI-LO feature that gives the LED bulb a gleaming, stylish appearance. It uses powerful polycarbonate lenses that disperse the light evenly along your path, giving you a bright, sharp beam.
Projector lens headlights are considered the best types of headlights for Jeep Wranglers, and they are particularly suited for high jeeps. If you’re searching for an affordable, super versatile headlight that gives a great performance in various road conditions, then this could be the ideal set of lights for your needs.
The kit comes with four powerful bulbs that are combined to give an adjustable 3600LM high beam and 1800LM low beam. It comes together with an adapter for H4/H13, which makes it ideal for CJ, TJ, JK, JL models, and more. You may have to buy an additional bracket for specific models like the Rubicon, but other than that, this is a great set of lights that will enhance your vehicle in many ways.
- Black stylish design, half HI-LO offers visual appeal
- Even light dispersion offers an ultimate view for raised jeeps
- Very affordable pricing compared to other products in the same category
- DOT, SAE, and E-Mark approved
- Plug and play feature also comes with a one-year warranty
10. 7-inch Black LED Headlights with DRL and 4-inch LED Jeep Wrangler Fog Lights
LX-Lite is yet another popular brand that is appreciated by a lot of Jeep Wrangler owners for its high-quality, affordable LED headlight offerings. The company uses the US-made Cree chip in all their bulbs, and in this particular package, they applied the technology on 12V 75W bulbs, which resulted in an extremely bright HI beam with 5500LM.
In this kit, you will find 2 fog light bulbs which illuminate at 1600LM. All in all, the DC package is power-intensive and may put a bit of a strain on your battery, but it does offer an amazing driving experience that you will absolutely love. If you’re still using factory headlights on your Jeep Wrangler, this could be the perfect upgrade for you.
The 12 fore-facing LED bulbs aligned at a distinct angle to give unparalleled beam dispersion. The sharp cut is ideal for 2017 2-door, 4-door JK, LJ, and CJ models. The housing is made from aluminum and it’s strengthened with strong, durable plastic and toughened glass offers weatherproof protection that will keep your lights working in perfect order for years to come.
The bulb has a 50,000-hour lifespan, and the set includes a specialized adaptor for fog lights which means there’s no need to cut wiring in an effort to create room for them.
- Uses original US Cree chips
- 50% brighter and longer-lasting than regular 75W LED lights
- Additional wiring adapter for fog lights included
- Convenient plug and play design
- IP67 rated waterproof and dustproof
11. Omotor 7-inch RGB Halo LED Headlight for Jeep Wrangler
This multicolored projection style Omotor 7-inch LED light has a lifespan of over 50,000 hours. They have bulbs that run on adjustable 40W 3600LM HI and 30W 2600LM LO beam. They are compatible with TJ, JK, and JL Wrangler models as well as Hummer models. However, you do have to buy a bracket when using the headlights on a Hummer 2.
The powerful bulbs use Cree adapters as well as PMMA projector lenses that produce a white and RGB beam. They are surrounded by high-impact, strengthened aluminum housing which offers the ultimate in protection and durability.
When you buy one Omotor LED headlight set, you get another one free, as well as a free radio transmitter with each purchase. This means that you’re getting three products for the price of one. The company also offers unlimited maintenance and customer service with each package, which includes an H4 and H13 adaptor that is compatible with TJ, CJ, JK, and JL Wrangler models.
You can get in touch with them via chat, phone, or email. They are the only ones on our list of the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights that offer this kind of value.
- Extra strength black aluminum housing with near-indestructible protection for bulbs
- Free long-term maintenance and customer service
- Free Bluetooth remote control with each purchase
- In-built cooling pad for dissipating heat evenly and keeping bulbs cool
- RGB multi-color interface allows a large range of color options for customization
12. DOT Approved 7-inch Black LED Headlights and 4-inch Cree Jeep Wrangler Fog Lights
This DOT-approved 7-inch black LED Wrangler headlights and fog lights set comes with an inbuilt EMC function as well as an anti-flicker harness that helps to keep your lights from flickering and interfering with the radio in your jeep.
You don’t need to buy any extra equipment. The light combo from LX-Light is extremely bright. It boasts 4500LM and 3200LM high and low beam for each of the headlights. The fog lights shine at 1600LM each and their visibility is dramatically improved when compared to stock lights.
After upgrading to this headlight set, you won’t be missing anything on the roads. The Cree LED lamps with a color temperature of 6000K give a clean, cool, white light that will transform your driving experience instantly.
- IP67 rated waterproof construction
- Over 50,000 hours of great performance
- Shockproof and dustproof for added durability
- Compatible with a wide range of models and makes
- Extremely easy to install, plug and play for both sets of lights
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
There are a variety of things you need to consider when buying LED headlights for your Jeep Wrangler. By considering each of the factors listed below, you’ll be able to choose the perfect lights for your vehicle making it safer and more fun to drive in the night.
If you live in the US, it’s mandatory to have the DOT/SAE seal of approval before taking your headlights on the road. In Europe, you need approval from the ECE. Make sure that your headlights are safe for use on public roads by checking for the DOT/SAE/ECE markings, depending on where you are.
If you see the markings, then your headlights are safe to use on the roads, but if you don’t, then save them for your next off-road trip instead, otherwise, you risk getting a ticket from traffic police.
And while we’re on the subject, it’s important to note that in some countries, colorful beacons are considered illegal, which means you may not be allowed to use colorful headlights. Find out the laws of your state prior to purchasing colored headlights.
Fitment, Compatibility, and Connection
The majority of LED headlights come with an adapter for connecting to H4 harness for TJ and CJ models, whereas the newer JK and JL models require an H13 plug. It’s important to make sure that the package includes both before making your purchase. Your kit should also come with a simple guide for installation. Avoid complicated wiring as it can lead to your harness getting damaged.
Always consider fitment before purchasing your headlights. Jeeps come in a wide variety of makes and types so it’s wise to know exactly what kind of vehicle you are buying LED lights for as each kind is designed to fit a specific jeep type.
The climate you live in will greatly influence your buying decision. Consider what the road conditions are like in your part of the world, and then make your choice accordingly. Some LED headlights generate heat when in use, and they perform great in colder climates, but the lights also have condensation problems when things start to melt.
For those in humid climates, pollen can be an issue as it can damage the paint, to a certain extent. You may also get marks on your headlights that are hard to get rid of. Your best bet is to choose a headlight that gives a great performance in cold weather and hot.
Also, keep in mind that areas above sea level need fog headlights, but such lights would be useless to you if you live next to the beach, for example. And note that some headlights are brighter than others, which may be something to consider if you have poor eyesight.
Construction Material and Price
If you want the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights, then cheap isn’t what you should be going for. But high prices don’t always equate to high quality, either. Luckily, there are some high-quality options that you’ll find on the market at extremely affordable prices.
It’s essential to ensure that the headlights you choose are made from a sturdy housing material that will give better, longer-lasting service. For instance, aluminum is durable, has a long lifespan and doesn’t rust, which makes it a great choice.
On-road or Off-road
This is something you need to consider as some headlights aren’t suitable for the bumpy conditions you encounter off-road. Always make sure that the headlights you choose work well on both paved and rugged surfaces.
Choosing LED lights that perform great for all types of driving conditions will ensure that you get the most bang for your buck. Read the manufacturer’s recommendations before making your purchase.
How to Install LED Headlights
When it comes to installing jeep headlights, there are various options available to you. LED headlight kits come with clear, step by step instructions to make installation as easy as possible, even for those without any previous experience. This makes it ideal for DIYers.
Alternatively, you can simply take the headlight kit to your mechanic to install them for you. If you decide to install the headlights yourself, the process is simple:
Step 1: Select the right kit – Make sure the new headlights fit your vehicle’s current headlight housing precisely.
Step 2: Prepare for installation – Make sure your headlight kit contains all the required parts.
Step 3: Remove headlight bulbs – Pop the hood and pull the old headlights out with care.
Step 4: Install the new headlights – Remember to protect the bulbs from fingerprints by using a clean rag or gloves.
Step 5: Connect and secure the ballast–Closely follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to achieve this.
Step 6: Test the new headlights – Start your car engine, and test your headlights to see if they fire up brightly.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
Q-1: What is the benefit of using LED headlights?
- The biggest advantage of installing LED lights on your car is the added brightness and efficiency. LED lights draw significantly less energy from your car battery, which in turn helps to extend its life. Also, by using reduced energy amounts, the alternator in your Jeep works a lot less, thereby enhancing its fuel efficiency and improving your gas mileage overall.
Q-2: How long do Jeep Wrangler LED headlights usually last?
- Typically, LED headlights to last about 25 times longer when compared to halogen headlights. The rated life of most of the lights we recommended above ranges around 30,000 to 50,000 hours. That’s over 5 to 10 years of normal usage.
Q-3: Which are the best headlights for Jeep Wrangler?
- As you’ve seen from our reviews and buying guide, there is a wide variety of options available to you. You can make the best choice for your car based on your specific requirements. Projection-style headlights are typically better for raised Jeeps, particularly the J models which need stronger beams to shine a clear path on the road.
Q-4: Can I buy just one headlight?
- These types of lights come in sets of two. But the good news is that you can purchase just one LED headlight directly from the manufacturer. If that’s what you want, then contact the manufacturer to find out how to proceed.
Q-5: Is it economical to switch to LED headlights?
- The evolution of LED technology allows both lighting efficiency and affordability. You can now get the best of both worlds by switching to LED headlights. You not only get brighter lighting, but they are also longer lasting and have regulated power consumption that helps to extend your Jeep’s life.
The headlights you choose to use on your Jeep Wrangler are just as important as the car itself as they can either enhance or diminish your driving experience on the road. Poor quality headlights compromise the overall safety of your Jeep which is why it’s crucial to buy the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights that will offer you great performance for years to come.
Don’t let your Jeep be limited by poor-quality lighting capacity. Use this article as your guide to help you choose the best upgrade for your car.