Choosing the best floor jack for lifted trucks sounds simple until you begin to search for the right one for your needs and the wide range of choices start to overwhelm you. There are smaller car jack lift, high-lift floor jack, 2- ton, 3-ton, aluminum jacks, just to list a few. To make things easier for you, we will be narrowing down your choices so you can choose from the top 10 best floor jack based on your needs.
All the jacks in this review are majorly designed for lifted trucks but some double as a jack for lifted jeeps, sports car, and SUVs. These jacks are easy to move around with and are known for being stable and versatile.
Therefore, if you are looking for portable jacks for lifted trucks, then we have you covered. And if even after reading our comprehensive reviews, you still find it hard to choose a floor jack, then we have a detailed buyer’s guide to help you. Also, see our other review about ratchet straps.
Let’s get started-
- Floor Jack for Lifted Trucks: At A Glance
- Top 10 Best Floor Jack For Lifted Trucks Reviews:
- 1. Blackhawk B6350 Lift Service Jack
- 2. Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack
- 3. Pittsburgh Automotive Heavy Ultra Profile
- 4. Arcan XL20 2-Ton Low Profile Service Jack
- 5. Powerbuilt 620471 Unijack 6000
- 6. ABN 3 Ton Electric Hydraulic Jack
- 7. Alltrade 640912 Black All-in-One Bottle Jack
- 8. Torin Hydraulic Bottle Jack
- 9. Craftsman 3 Ton Floor Jack
- 10. Hi-Lift HL484 Black Cast and Steel Jack
- Things to Consider When Buying Floor Jack For Lifted Trucks
- Different Types of Car Jacks
- How to Use a Floor Jack Safely
- Frequently Asked Questions About Floor Jack For Lifted Trucks
Floor Jack for Lifted Trucks: At A Glance
Top 10 Best Floor Jack For Lifted Trucks Reviews:
1. Blackhawk B6350 Lift Service Jack
The Blackhawk B6350 heavy duty floor jack is a beast of a jack. This 85-pound device features a heavy-duty steel construction which makes it strong and durable. It features a minimalistic design which makes it more flexible hence it can reach through multiple parts of a car.
Its unique design is well-suited for any vehicle whether a heavy truck or a sporty vehicle. It comprises of a round shape and black polished saddle on one end to ensure durability upon operation. Additionally, it boasts two small front casters and dual big real casters to enhance its mobility. To offer extra leverage and easy storage, the tool has incorporated a two-piece handle.
It can endure about 3.5 ton of load and uses fast lifting technology to enhance quick lift to the jacking point. This model features a lifting range starting from 5.5 inches up to 22 inches and has a maximum reaching point of up to 9 strokes. In other words, you can lift any heavy vehicle effortlessly.
It is safe to use having been certified by ASME TALD standards and includes a built-in safety valve and vent plug to ensure safety when you are underneath the car.
- About 7,000 lbs. (3.5 ton) lifting capacity to lift even the heaviest vehicle making it great car jack lift for jeeps, trucks, etc.
- Constructed from steel with rolled sides to give it extra strength
- Works on fast lift technology for fast jacking
- Built-in safety valve to ensure safe operation
- Has a swivel saddle for optional movement and convenience
2. Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack
Dominantly polished with silver, this 56 pounds floor jack is made from Aluminum. This model could be the most appropriate deal for you, thanks to its exceptional construction, remarkable durability and increased strength. This is a low-profile jack with a lifting capacity of around 3 tons meaning it can lift heavy cars. It boasts a lifting range of 3.6 inches to a maximum of 19.4 inches.
What makes it compare favorably with other classics is the dual pump pistons which ensure easy lifting. Besides, it is light for portability and comes with excellent handles for easy transport around the garage. The handle is covered with foam which protects your vehicle from scratches.
Hydraulic jam and overextension won’t happen with its bypass and overload valves. It has excellent maneuverability as it is equipped with wide-track front wheels and rear caster wheels to ensure easy rolling and stability. The product measures 30 x 13.5 x 8 inches.
- Weighs 56 pounds and can lift a load of up to 6,000 pounds (3 tons)
- Features dependable overload valves and bypass
- Has dust shields to keep the piston and fluid free from contamination
- Side handles ensure easy movement around the shop
- Has wide-track front wheels for smooth rolling and stability
- A low-profile jack with a lifting range from 3 ¼ inches to a maximum of 18 ¼ inches
3. Pittsburgh Automotive Heavy Ultra Profile
If you love stance rides and have your car lowered, Pittsburgh is your handyman. This is a low-profile jack that can be used on all types of vehicles, be it heavy trucks or SUVs. This model can lift all loads with just 3-4 pumps thanks to its Dust Piston Rapid Pump technology. Besides, it comes with a universal joint release setting which enables easy control of loads with the help of its handles.
It features two-piece knurled steel handle to enhance grip, so you don’t slip it off. You don’t have to worry about damaging the vehicle because it has a piece of foam attached to its bumper. It comes with 4 welded wheels, two on the front and two on the rear to make movement easy. It weighs 79 pounds with a carrying capacity of up to 3 tons. Consequently, car jack lift has a minimum range of 2 7/8 inches to a maximum of 19 ¾ inches.
- Can lift up to 3 tons of load making it ideal for heavy-weight tasks
- Has a lifting range from below 3 inches to 19 ¾ inches
- It weighs 79 lbs. and has dimensions of 28 x 12 x 10 inches
- With rapid pump quick-lift mechanism, it allows easy lifting with just 3 to 4 pumps
- Has protective foam on the handle to prevent damaging the car
- Has a universal joint release to enhance load control
- Features knurled steel handle for a firm grip
- Comes with heavy-duty welded steel construction to ensure durability
4. Arcan XL20 2-Ton Low Profile Service Jack
Professionals and weekend warriors love to use this floor jack because of how low profile it is. Simply put, using a low profile design will let you get under any vehicle including sports cars. The medium-lift height measures 3 ½ inches and goes up to 18 ½.
It is a dual pump jack that is easy to operate by hand using a handle that measures approximately 45 inches. Moreover, it has smooth and solid rolling casters to enhance its mobility and positioning. The steel model is sturdy enough to lift a heavy vehicle with a capacity to lift 2 tons (4000 pounds). Better yet, it is safe to operate underneath the floor jack because it features built-in overload protection that is situated under the valve.
You will be impressed by how easy and safe it is to lower a car with this model thanks to the U-joint connection on the handle. It weighs 97 lbs. with dimensions of 32.5 x 8.2 x 11.2 inches. This is an American made floor jack that surpasses the ASME PALD safety standards.
- Sleek and low-profile to help you lift low-lying cars
- Its height range is from 3 ½ inches to 18 ½
- Has a carrying capacity of up to 2 tons making it ideal for light-weight trucks
- The dual pump system makes it easy to lift vehicles
- Dimensions 32.5 x 8.2 x 11.2 inches and weighs 97 lbs.
- Has a U-joint connection on the handle to make handling easier
- Passes ASME PALD 2009 safety standards
5. Powerbuilt 620471 Unijack 6000
The Powerbuilt 620471 Unijack is unique on our list because it is designed to hold body frame vehicles. The exception design allows you to hold and lift your vehicle in the same place since it involves a jack stand and hydraulic bottle jack in the same unit. It has an impressive support capability of 3 tons making it perfect for those with utility vehicles, sporty Jeeps, and trucks.
The Powerbuilt model has a minimum clearance of 11 inches, and the height of the stand reaches up to 21 inches making it ideal for your high-standing vehicle. What’s more, the best high lift floor jack comes with bar locks so that you can set the desired height.
The model weighs 22.7 pounds with dimensions of 9.9 x 9.8 x 11.5 inches making it light and portable. It is made of steel which promises durability. The tool has a stable base which makes it safe to operate.
- Has an incredibly stable base making it safe
- Has a height range of 11” to 21” which is enough to help you work under your car
- Has both jack stand and hydraulic bottle jack and thus you don’t need to purchase a jack stand separately
- Made of steel hence highly durable
- Has a lifting capacity of 3 tons making it ideal for lightweight trucks
6. ABN 3 Ton Electric Hydraulic Jack
Tired of lying under the car to operate a jack? The ABN electric car jack could be what you need. With this one, you don’t need to pump or turn the handle. It is very easy to use and operate using a switch. The affordable jack can carry up to 3 tons of load with a lift range of 6 to 17 ½ inches. Raising a vehicle takes less than a minute, and this feels powerful and torque.
It requires a 12V power outlet to use and features an 11.5-foot cord that will easily reach all areas of your car. Better yet, it is designed to keep your car at a steady height regardless of the power level. In case of a late night emergency, you do not have to worry as it comes with a LED light. It also has an in-built safety feature to prevent the jack from losing pressure when there is no power delivery.
This is a portable jack for lifted trucks weighing about 5 pounds which makes it one of the lightest available. The hydraulic tank is designed to be fully enclosed which means that the chances of leakages are minimal at any angle. In case of any defects with this tool, you have a 1-year warranty offered by ABN. This jack is ideal for any type of vehicle whether SUVs, van or truck.
- Easy operation using a switch
- Has lifting capacity of 3 tons/6000 pounds and thus ideal for jeeps and trucks
- Has a lifting range from 6 to 17.5 inches. This ideal height to help you work underneath your car with ease
- Has a 5-meter cord for a good reach
- Has LED lights for dark surroundings
- Has a safety device to prevent the jack from falling
7. Alltrade 640912 Black All-in-One Bottle Jack
This powerful floor jack by Alltrade is one of the best car jack lift around the globe, and many users have attested to that. The brand aims to make their tools up to the standards set by United States Government and American National Standards Institute.
The 6,000-pound capacity floor jack has a patented design that combines the jack stand and bottle jack design into one solid model. A combination of these two easily lifts three tons of weight to a height of 11-21 inches. This makes it perfect for jeeps, SUVs, framing jobs, lightweight trucks, and off-road truck repairs. With a wide range of applications, you can use this jack for different mechanical situations and weight-lifting tasks.
You don’t need to purchase a jack stand since the safety bar holds the unit at the desired height within its safe lifting range. The jack features a wide steel base to give it more stability when holding your vehicle in an elevated position. This safety measure makes it ideal for sensitive jobs. Getting a vehicle to a particular height is not a challenge with any floor jack, but keeping it firm and steady at that height while working under it is as important, and this is what Alltrade 640912 Black All-in-One Bottle Jack does.
- It features a safety bar lock that keeps your truck or vehicle steady and firm when at an elevated position
- It is a portable jack for lifted trucks and thus great for moving it from one part to another
- Made of a wide steel base and solid body construction, you can be assured that this floor jack is highly durable
- It has a safety bar that keeps it from lowering once it has raised to its maximum height
- It has a default lift range of 11-17.25 inches, but this can rise to 21 inches if adjusted manually
8. Torin Hydraulic Bottle Jack
It is unsafe and challenging to raise your truck using a regular jack, and that’s why you need to invest in a special jack that is specially designed for heavy-duty lifting and safe. With today’s market flooded with numerous bottle jacks claiming to be designed for heavy-duty lifting, it gets challenging to choose the right one. However, without hesitation, this 12-ton bottle jack by Torin is one of the best bottle jacks for a lifted truck.
This jack is designed for commercial and residential use and thus will give you a safe lift even in challenging settings. In terms of stability and durability, this jack features industrial welding and steel construction.
It provides one with a safe lifting range of between 9.06 inches and 18.11 inches. This ensures that your truck is lifted to the desired spot for comfortable repairs, maintenance, or tire changing. What’s more, this hydraulic bottle offers ideal strength that ensures it supports trucks weighing up to 24,000lbs with ease.
With glide-action pressure pump, you will have an effortless operation when using this bottle jack. It also has an oil bypass as well as an overload valve to ensure its hydraulic system is safe and doesn’t exceed beyond its limits.
Additionally, Torin offers a 1-year limited warranty on this model. This gives you peace of mind when using this jack.
- It has a lifting range of 9.06 inches to 18.11 inches which makes it ideal for trucks
- This bottle jack has a weight capacity of 12 tons making it great for heavy-duty tasks
- It is made of heavy-duty steel construction and thus its durable and stable
- It is designed for residential and commercial usage
- Torin offers a 1-year limited warranty on this tool, and thus you can use it confidence
9. Craftsman 3 Ton Floor Jack
The Craftsman 3-Ton Floor Jack is an essential tool that every driver should have in their toolboxes. There may be other high-end floor jacks, but this one stands out for a number of reasons. For instance, unlike other service floor jacks, Craftsman 3-ton jack is a 3-in one jack that comes includes 36-inch creeper, a floor jack, and 2 jack stands.
This 3-in-one is an indispensable tool for long-distance drivers and those who regularly check up their trucks and cars for oil changing, tire changing, brake adjustment, normal repairs, and other mechanic work.
It is a heavy-duty tool that features professional solid steel construction with some excellent welding to serve you for a long time. To keep it firm on the ground and your car stable while elevated, this tool has a solid base and simple-to-adjust system. Offering 6000lb of pure lifting power and a height of 19.25 inches, you can be assured that it is more than suited for heavy-duty tasks.
- It features 6000lb. hydraulic lift that makes this jack a heavy-duty workhorse for trucks, minivans, SUVs, and cars
- Comes with 36-inch creeper with rolling casters that has a headrest for extra comfort
- It has a lifting range of 5.5 inches to 19.25 inches which offer enough room for repair needs and tire changing
- It has solid construction, which makes it stable
- It is a 3-in-one tool coming in the packaging of 2 jack stands, 36-inch creeper, and a floor jack, and
10. Hi-Lift HL484 Black Cast and Steel Jack
When it comes to listing best high-lift floor jack tools, Hi-Lift HL484 Black Cast and Steel Jack will definitely make it to the list. This tool is ideal for heavy-duty trucks, equipment, and other vehicles and can easily lift other equipment in the garage.
The High-Lift Jack made from high-grade and cast components, high-quality steel components to enable it to lift the heaviest of jeeps and trucks. It is easy to lift and move it around and can carry heavy loads of up to 7000lbs.
All the parts used to assemble this jack are zinc-plated to prevent failure and corrosion. For extra safety, this high-lift jack is equipped with shear bolts which help prevent overloading the machine.
Its manufacturer, Hi-Lift, provides safety instructions for using this tool to ensure reliable performance and safe operation. All these features and more makes Hi-Lift HL484 Black Cast and Steel Jack one of the best American made floor jack tools for lifted trucks.
- It has a weight capacity of 7000 pounds making it ideal for heavy-duty tasks and truck lifting
- All its components are zinc-plated to prevent corrosion and make them durable
- It is made of high strength and high-grade steel composition
- Features shear bolts for added safety and to prevent overloading
- The manufacturer provides an instruction guide to you on how to operate this jack
Things to Consider When Buying Floor Jack For Lifted Trucks
Purchasing a floor jack will help in the maintenance and repair of your car, especially when it comes to checking a truck’s transmission as well as changing tires. However, before you purchase a floor jack, there are important factors you need to keep in mind. Here are some points to put into consideration before hitting that “Buy” button;
A floor jack is not a light-weight piece of equipment as some may weigh 50 pounds while others can weigh up to 100 pounds. Therefore, before buying a floor jack, it is important that you consider buying a tool that you will be comfortable moving around with. You should also know where you plan to use the floor jack- that is, whether on paved or gravel driveway. Therefore, go for a jack that doesn’t make you tire quickly when moving it around to your truck.
You need a floor jack that has a sturdy construction for purposes of handling demanding jobs. Go for tools with strong jack stands for lifted trucks. The type of metal a jack stand is made of makes a huge difference when it comes to performance and cost. The best truck jack stands are made of aluminum because it is both lightweight and sturdy. However, they are pricey. Steel is also a great option when it comes to cost, but it makes a jack heavier and less portable. For affordability and light-weight nature, go for a jack made from both and aluminum.
The type of truck or project at hand will dictate the type of floor jack to buy- you need to know how powerful it is. A typical floor jack can handle between 1-4 tons of lifting capacity which means this suits lighter projects such as lifting a lawnmower. To jack up trucks, you will need a powerful jack to do the job safely and easily.
The weight of the Jack
Because you are working on trucks, weight is an important consideration. If you frequently use your jack and move it around now and then. Then you will need a jack that is lightweight such as an aluminum jack. However, if you will not need to use it frequently, then weight may not be top of your list. Always ensure to match the weight of a floor jack to how you are planning to use a jack. This will help you avoid using a floor jack that will not serve you for the projects at hand.
Although most floor jacks can be placed underneath most vehicle types, there are some automobiles that call for tools that are lower than usual. If you are planning on servicing or operating your floor jack on cars of random height sizes other than lifted trucks, you might need a low profile jack. This will help you go deeper under a car. While most of these jacks are suited for race cars, they can also be used for trucks as well. However, this will be an irrelevant consideration if you are solely going to use this tool for trucks.
The speed at which jacks lift up a vehicle varies widely as some may lift trucks quicker than others. Depending on your situation, you may need a jack that pumps up quickly especially if you are planning to use it on-the-go. However, if you are planning to use the jack at home and have more time, then this is not important.
One of the key things you need to consider when it comes to using a floor jack is safety. Remember that a jack stand is meant to support a vehicle as you work underneath it; therefore, go for a jack that you know is stable enough.
Considering a floor jack can cost several hundreds of dollars or over a thousand dollars, the price should be an important consideration. In most cases, the price dictates quality. However, the price should not be your only guide; consider construction and performance. Some of the best floor jacks for lifted trucks on the market are relatively affordable since they are made out of steel.
Different Types of Car Jacks
Although there are many types of car jacks, here are the 4 most common;
This type of jack comes with a vehicle from the manufacturer. They have a long screw that is turned to keep the scissors ‘legs’ together. As the legs are drawn together, they grow higher. These type of jacks are purposely built for specific models as they fit the lifting points of a car. They are very portable and are often stored in a compartment in the truck designed for storing tools.
This is the most popular and most common type of car jack. It is great not only for general maintenance and repair purposes but also for changing tires. They use hydraulic pressure to lift heavy trucks and vehicles with relative ease. Featuring 4 wheels for ease of placement under a truck or vehicle, they are stable.
Floor jacks are available in different weight capacities, and thus it is good to check the tonnage of your loaded truck before buying a floor jack so that you can buy one that suits your truck’s gross weight capacity. The downside of these car jacks is that they can be heavy and bulky and that’s why they are mostly preferred by truck drivers.
These take on a cylindrical shape and has a mechanism that allows for the insertion of a lever for purposes of creating pressure in this jack. They can also double as floor jacks except that they are not as compact as them and doesn’t feature wheels. The main downside of these jacks is that, like the scissor jacks, their stability depends on the type of surface they are on.
These specialty jacks are designed to lift off-road vehicles with a lifted chassis. They can easily raise vehicles to a staggering height of 5 feet and are rated at 7,000 pounds in terms of lifting capacity. In terms of height, they are exceptionally long with the shortest being 3 feet. This makes them imperfect to put in cars or trucks storage.
How to Use a Floor Jack Safely
Safety is paramount when you are working under a car, and this includes when you are working with a floor jack. Here are several floor jack safety tips to keep in mind;
- Always ensure that your floor jack is in good condition before using it. Any signs of leaks or damage call for immediate replacement
- Use a floor jack that has a weight capacity matching the weight of your car
- Avoid buying cheap floor jacks for purposes of performance and safety
- Always ensure that your truck is placed on a flat, firm, stable, and even surface before using the floor jack. Ensure to engage emergency breaks and put your truck in Park position
- Test the stability of your floor jack before you begin to work under a truck
- Know the locations of your car lifting points to ensure your floor jack locks perfectly in them
- Use jack stands for lifted trucks to support your vehicle before working under it. this precautionary measure will come in handy in case your floor jack breaks down
- Hook a wheel chock on the opposite wheel of your work to prevent accidental rolling. For instance, if you are working on the back left wheel, make sure to hook the back right wheel
- Never lower the jack when you are under a vehicle
Frequently Asked Questions About Floor Jack For Lifted Trucks
Q-1: Can I lift heavier trucks than the specified weight capacity of a floor jack?
- As long it is a new floor jack, and it’s in good condition, a floor jack can lift slightly more than the specified lift capacity. The manufacturer specifies safe weight capacities to avoid any unnecessary accidents. However, we do not recommend that you exceed the safe lift marginal provided by the manufacturer because you don’t want accidents.
Q-2: Should I have jack stands for lifted trucks?
- For purposes of your safety, you need to use jack stands even if you have invested in a high-quality floor jack. An internal leak or a manufacturer’s fault can make a car fall on you when you are working under it, and you will definitely not be able to withstand 3-weight capacity on your chest. Therefore, have at least 2 best truck jack stands under your truck or jeep. It will be unwise to put your life at risk when working under your vehicle.
Q-3: How do I use a floor jack?
- To lift your car using a floor jack, you need to close the pressure valve and use the handle to pump it up. Once done, you should turn the pressure valve in the opposite direction to low your jack. Read your floor jack user manual and always have jack stands under your car for extra safety.
Q-4: Where should I attack a floor jack on my truck?
- There are lift spots on each vehicle, and thus you need to check your owner/service manual. Clamp your jack on lift points and ensure the body is not rusty. Lifting your car on other points rather than lift points may result in serious damages to your body and vehicle.
Q-5: Should I use pads under my short jack to lift it higher?
- Well, if you are experienced enough, you can use pads. However, we would not recommend this; instead, buy a proper jack rather than taking risks to injure yourself or car engine. If you still want to get pads, there are specially-designed lifting pads made for some floor jacks. You can look around to see if you will find any pads designed for your floor jack.
The final step to finding the best floor jack for lifted jeep or truck is to know everything about the model of interest to you can do, especially in regard to the size of your car.
The floor jacks on this guide are popularly known for being reliable and stable. Use the reviews and check the features to gain an understanding of how each floor jack performs, their features, and weight capacity and make a purchase after considering the information in the buyer’s section. Doing this will ensure you settle for the best floor jack for lifted trucks that will serve you for many years to come.
You may need to know our fog lights review.